[tor-relays] T-shirts and Confirming Relay Control

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Sun May 3 19:07:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 10:26:52AM -0800, I wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for handling the backlog of t-shirts as they are important as an acknowledgement of valuable contributions.
>
> Isn't the value of the t-shirt disproportionate to the trouble you're going to to give them out?
> If the weather message offering the t-shirt is answered by the same address isn't that proof enough?
>
> As I haven't received a message yet and my details are plain and simple I wonder what could have gone wrong.

Hi Robert,

I replied privately about your situation but it's possible this plan is
more complicated than it needs to be. In general, I'd prefer we receive
t-shirt requests from the same email address as is specified in the
Contact field. Obviously, if they are different, we can always send the
response and t-shirt link to the address in the Contact field, but that
asymmetry seems weird to me, but I'm not against doing this.

For the situations where there is no email address in the contact field,
I'm not certain how else we can confirm we're sending the t-shirt to the
person who deserves it.

Thanks for your input!

- Matt