[tor-relays] Likely bottleneck for relays behind NVG589 router

James Murphy james.murphy.debian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:54:54 UTC 2015

After months of trying to figure out where the bottleneck in my relay is
(I'm on gigabit down/up connection, but relay won't push more than
10mbps), I was poking through my NVG589 router's NAT Table and noticed

Total sessions available 2560
Total sessions in use 2048

Followed by a table containing almost entirely tor connections.

As far as I know, there is no way to increase the total sessions available.
AT&T will not allow me to purchase my own router, so it looks like my
only hope is to wait for AT&T to push out the NVG599 (which I was told
was coming a month ago.)

Do any current relay operators have an NVG599? If so, could you check
and see if it has a similarly low limit on total sessions (Diagnostics
-> NAT Table in the NVG589). I've tried searching for this spec but it
doesn't appear to even be in the user manual.