[tor-relays] Installing obfs4 on Raspberry Pi bridge

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Mon Mar 30 05:07:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:02:25 +0300
s7r <s7r at sky-ip.org> wrote:
> We currently do not have armhf or armel packages for obfs4proxy in
> deb.torproject.org, but Yawning (CC'ed) will let us know when he has
> time how we can build obfs4proxy from git on Raspbian.

Hmm, wonder why there aren't new packages.  IIRC there were issues with
building the debian ones on their arm build environment a while ago due
to some of the unit tests taking too long and timing out, but I though
I worked around that.  If it's the same issue, maybe I should skip some
of the time consuming tests entirely on ARM....

Assuming you can get a go compiler on the board the normal manual build
instructions should work

 $ go get git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/obfs4.git/obfs4proxy
 $ sudo cp $GOPATH/bin/obfs4proxy /usr/local/bin

But naturally you lose the benefits of package management.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel