[tor-relays] Installing obfs4 on Raspberry Pi bridge

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Mar 29 22:02:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

J - those links are for reference only. They cannot be added in
sources.list file because they are not valid repository strings.

Here is what I've learned so far.
If you are on Raspberry Pi B/B+ (ARMv6 CPU) you will not be fully
compatible with armhf architecture from Debian Wheezy / Raspbian
Wheezy because that requires at least ARMv7 CPU. Raspberry Pi 2 has an
ARMv7 CPU quad core @ 900 Mhz which should be fully compatible with
armhf. For previous Raspberry models, some armhf packages for wheezy
might work, some not.

True, by default from Raspbian repo, apt-get will install Tor 0.2.4.26.

I was able to manually get the .deb of Tor 0.2.5.11 and install it,
and it works good, no errors:

# cd ~/ && wget
http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/t/tor/tor_0.2.5.11-1_armh
f.deb
# sudo dpkg -i tor_0.2.5.11-1_armhf.deb

- -press N to keep your current torrc file when prompted-

The obfs4proxy package in Raspbian main repo is borken. I could not
install it, there is no .deb there.

We currently do not have armhf or armel packages for obfs4proxy in
deb.torproject.org, but Yawning (CC'ed) will let us know when he has
time how we can build obfs4proxy from git on Raspbian.