[tor-relays] Undiagnosable Crashes in Relays

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:38:23 UTC 2015

> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 17:21:50 +0800
> From: Vincent Yu <v at v-yu.com>
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:26 PM, skyhighatrist <skyhighatrist at tfwno.gf>
> wrote:
>> I am wondering if anyone has had their relay randomly crash in the
>> past
>> week or so. Three of mine (I run 6, nonexits) have fallen over. One of
>> them ~5 days ago, one of them ~4 days ago, and one of them earlier
>> today
>> .
>
> This also happened to my two relays about three weeks ago. They are:
>
> https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/C309A31AD772FFDD0805C9FECB6D4748A7CBF684
> https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/18BE989663CF3351F73D33C672BB1C985E0EA5D0
>
> They are both middle/guard relays (about 200 Mbps each) on the 0.2.6
> branch and are on the same dedicated server. They went down at
> different times, and as far as I can remember, there was nothing
> notable in the Tor and system logs. No issues prior to this over the
> past 12 months. I haven't had time to investigate this.

This also happened to my EC2 relay a few weeks ago, but I never had time to investigate.
It's quite possible it was a bad nightly tor version, or some sort of misconfiguration on my end, but the timing matches.
I didn't manage to get it to come back up in the limited time I had to try and fix it.

https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/425E55A8FA145ACFC01FA58CD4E6F46DD7762AAB
(No record, it's been down for a while.)

teor

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp 0xABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR C3C57B23 349825DE 929A1DEF C3531C25 A32287ED