[tor-relays] Undiagnosable Crashes in Relays

Vincent Yu v at v-yu.com
Wed Mar 25 09:21:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:26 PM, skyhighatrist <skyhighatrist at tfwno.gf>
wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has had their relay randomly crash in the
> past
> week or so. Three of mine (I run 6, nonexits) have fallen over. One of
> them ~5 days ago, one of them ~4 days ago, and one of them earlier
> today
> .

This also happened to my two relays about three weeks ago. They are:

https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/C309A31AD772FFDD0805C9FECB6D4748A7CBF684
https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/18BE989663CF3351F73D33C672BB1C985E0EA5D0

They are both middle/guard relays (about 200 Mbps each) on the 0.2.6
branch and are on the same dedicated server. They went down at
different times, and as far as I can remember, there was nothing
notable in the Tor and system logs. No issues prior to this over the
past 12 months. I haven't had time to investigate this.

Vincent