[tor-relays] keeping tor relays operational

Larry Brandt lbrandt at cni.net
Sat Mar 14 06:35:01 UTC 2015

Sorry if this question has been answered dozens of times before.  I have
a middle relay that has been operational since last summer.  I wish to
make some alterations to my torrc file and make these changes
operationally active without stopping and restarting tor. Is this
possible?  I experience a bit of down time whenever I up bandwidth,
change contact info, etc.  I'm also disapointed when ubuntu sends
updates that require a server restart.  What is the best method to
handle this on a stand-alone server?
LB