[tor-relays] Legal situation of tor in Europe

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Mar 12 08:58:00 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 10:57 PM, yl wrote:
>>> I mean the only reason, why there is more Tor-Exit-IPs
>> If this claim could be substantiated by some numbers it'd certainly help.
> I fully agree to that, it would be helpful to get some more analytic
> data like this. Not necessarily on my exit, but some general numbers,
> some facts.
> I just assumed that number above, but actually have no idea.

Nobody does. We don't have figures from other ISPs or larger carries to
compare with either. Just from conversations with ISPs and VPN
providers, we don't see more abuse than they do. Also, it fully depends
on your definition of abuse (complaints).

This is (still) a nice research question, and I'm happy to help with a
nice database of complaints. I'm sure other torservers.net operators
would help as well. Obviously one can't simply count the number of
complaints, as you need to take (at least) throughput and exit policy
into account.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/