[tor-relays] Many inbound and outbound connections but no circuits

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Mar 11 18:25:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 04:30:58PM +0100, mattia wrote:
> Hello, I've been running a relay for some weeks.
> It has now earned the stable flag.
> Despite this I always have more than 500 inbound and outbound
> connections but no circuits at all. Is this normal?

It depends what you're using to learn how many circuits you have.

For example, it is quite reasonable that you have a bunch of circuits
open for other people, but your relay has no "client" circuits because
your Tor hasn't received any client-side application requests lately so
it stopped building preemptive circuits.

--Roger