[tor-relays] relay behind reverse proxy

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Mon Mar 9 22:40:25 UTC 2015

Yes, that means is working, theoretically. The log won't say anything
for the next 6 hours, and after 6 hours it will just say how many
circuits it has running, uptime and relayed bandwidth. These are the
default log settings. You can increase the verbosity of the log but
it's not required.

https://atlas.torproject.org/
Search here for your relay's nickname or IP address to see its flags
and what Advertised Speed is it showing to the network. Might start
with a low value but will grow in time.

https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health.html
go here, wait for the page to load (big page) and search with ctrl + f
and enter your relay's nickname. You will see here what flags were
voted for your relay by the directory authorities.

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay
This will help you understand how Tor's load balancing works and what
are the phases a new relay will go through.

Constantly keep an eye out for warnings/errors in Tor's log. Report
any misbehavior to this mail list and especially by tickets on Trac at
https://trac.torproject.org/

Remember to keep your Tor up to date whenever there is a new release,
especially when the release fixes a security issue.

I am glad I could help! Now I can say thanks for running a relay. If
it's an Exit relay, that is even better!

You might want to challenge us with a different customized setup next
time for your #2-nd relay :-) Cheers!