[tor-relays] multi tor instance support for startup scripts (RPM)

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:15:04 UTC 2015

On 03/02/2015 12:22 AM, Nusenu wrote:
> When it comes to the RPM packages I have to think about our past
> systemd migration discussion [1] that got stuck.

Yes I remember [2].

> Should I pick that up again before writing anything that gets obsolete
> as soon as you migrate to systemd? (or did you give up on systemd
> migration?)

If you want to write the patch for multi-instance, don't focus on systemd. I
don't plan systemd migration anytime soon since current system works and systemd
migration would require systemd support on all platforms (not going to happen
for EL6 any time soon).

I already had had heavily ifdef-ed packaging system because of EL5 and it was
major PITA that caused some unpleasant bugs along the way.

[2] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-August/007363.html