[tor-relays] be in time or not to be in time ?

Toralf Förster toralf.foerster at gmx.de
Sun Jun 28 14:59:26 UTC 2015

On 06/28/2015 04:36 PM, s7r wrote:
> Are you using a virtual machine as well? If yes, the answer might be
> that the host is overwriting your guest (vm) clock. You can either
> disable hwclock, either disable ntp on guest (vm) operating system and
> rely on the clock of your host server.

Nope, it is a dedicated server - and shouldn't ntp then log that it step'ed the clock ?
Furthermore it was up and runnign for 8 days w/o any time problems and/or log AFICT.

/me wonders, if the tor relay asked the authority - say at 3:58:30 - and got the answer at 04:00:00 - thereofre having a 90 sec delay ?

--
Toralf
pgp key: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2  8936 872A E508 0076 E94E