[tor-relays] More consensus weight problems

Aaron Gibson aagbsn at extc.org
Sat Jun 27 08:47:51 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-19 17:59, Speak Freely wrote:
> Yeah, I've given up. I won't be renewing most of my relays this month.
> :(
>

> Matt
> Speak Freely

Hi Matt,
Sorry that you have had so much trouble with your relays being
underutilized. I am now working to fix/refactor Tor's Bandwidth
Authority system as a full-time project, now recently (this month)
funded by OTF (https://opentechfund.org). You can follow the state of
the project at:

Admittedly it's been a while since I started looking into this issue -
one of the things we'd hoped was that the BwAuth system could be
replaced by PeerFlow, but unfortunately it is still an open research
problem, and so the BwAuths are here to stay for now. My first priority
is to attack the unmeasured relays problem.

Hopefully this gives you some confidence that these issues will be
addressed. I hope that if you do decide to suspend your relays you will
bring them back in the future. You can also find me on IRC as aagbsn.

--Aaron