[tor-relays] Qualities of a good relay (Sean Saito)

Magnus Hedemark magnus.hedemark at protonmail.ch
Thu Jun 25 15:33:27 UTC 2015

These ideas are quite good. I think it would be interesting for a partner organization like the EFF maybe to gamify Tor relay best practices by issuing Mozilla type merit badges [ http://openbadges.org/ ] to relay operators. Setting it up is not free, volunteer time is not free, but it's a way to recognize volunteers in meaningful ways that does not require sending out tee shirts around the world.

Importantly, badges should also be revoked if a relay operator is found to be behaving in less than meritorious ways. This is easily done. [ https://github.com/mozilla/openbadges-backpack/wiki/Revoking-Issued-Badges ]

Magnus : E0B7C731568AC72AE848EDE91F857A3FED19ED0B
@Magnus919

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.