[tor-relays] Qualities of a good relay (Sean Saito)

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:54:57 UTC 2015

> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:07:28 +0000
> From: <saitosean at ymail.com>
>
> I?m currently working with Dr. Virgil Griffith on Roster, a tor project that aims to reward relay operators with good relays.
>
> Right now we are brainstorming how to measure/quantify a good relay.
>
> Besides the obvious requirements of a good relay (e.g. speed, geo-diversity, constant uptime), what qualities make a relay valuable to the Tor network and its users?

Autonomous System diversity, and similarly, IP-netblock diversity
Operator diversity (ContactInfo, MyFamily)
Operating System diversity, perhaps (most of the Tor network is Linux, including BSDs/OS X and others avoids a monoculture, but Windows is considered less secure)

teor

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp 0xABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR D5BE4EC2 255D7585 F3874930 DB130265 7C9EBBC7