[tor-relays] Raspberry Pi - Relay Setup

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Wed Jun 24 00:50:19 UTC 2015

Just install Tor:

sudo apt-get -y install tor

and edit the torrc file:
nano /etc/tor/torrc

make it a relay by adding this content (add your values and data):
ORPort <port>
Nickname <your nickname>
ContactInfo <your email>
ExitPolicy reject *:*

*If you are behind NAT, make sure the ports are properly forwarded to
your raspberry pi. Use a static internal IP for the raspberry pi so the
port forwarding rules will remain active in case of a reboot.

Note the raspberry pis are ok (if the internet connection speed is also
good) but cannot handle as many concurrent Tor circuits as a real server
would. If your internet bandwidth is capped, maybe try running an obfs4
bridge on the raspberry pi.