[tor-relays] Please enable IPv6 on your relay!

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Thu Jun 18 18:59:36 UTC 2015

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:40:44 +0200
Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:

> # Declaramos que este nodo TOR es accesible a través de IPv6
> ORPort [::]:PUERTO_TOR

You thought it would be this simple. Nope, unlike every other IPv6-capable
program on Earth, in Tor this syntax of "bind to all IPs" is not supported.
They want you to specify the actual single IP manually, and then keep track if
it changes and each time not forget to go to torrc to update it.
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2015-May/007063.html

--
With respect,
Roman