[tor-relays] Encryption in French servers

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Mon Jun 15 21:17:33 UTC 2015

> I know in France it's illegal to encrypt data so if I run a tor relay in a
> French server I would have any problem?

Crypto is not illegal since 1999 in France.
Do you have any source about what you advance ?

There is the new surveillance bill/law, but not currently applicable (need
formal application details before that) and even this law doesn’t forbid
crypto.

Regards,
--
Aeris, french citizen
Groupe crypto-terroriste individuel

Protégez votre vie privée, chiffrez vos communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/