[tor-relays] Bridge Usage and Setup

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Sun Jun 7 11:54:38 UTC 2015

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 12:31:52 +0200
tor-server-creator at use.startmail.com wrote:
> > I want to investigate why obfs4 is nearly never used.
> >
> hi,
> may you want to have a look into tails bug #9268 adressing some obfs
> issue

You mean, a Tails issue that happens to affect obfs4 since it likes to
write large-ish packets, and what may be a Linux kernel issue that
possibly makes the PLPMTUD code not that great.

I have a packet capture that I need to go over but, since it is tcpdump
output from a terminal and not a pcap file I've been putting it off,
but the fact that TCP/IP breaks when write calls are done when the
system is breaking PMTUD is not an obfs4 issue.

In sane environments where PMTUD works, obfs4 has no issues with
shorter than normal MSS.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel