[tor-relays] Improving Node Connection Testing

12xBTM 12xbtm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:45:59 UTC 2015

I once ran a node on a college network for just a few weeks. Then I
found out at peak hours, packet loss was >90%. My measured bandwidth
never reflected that. Now, scale that up. An enemy makes a ton of nodes
like that, and now has a large portion of circuit going through them.
That will cripple the usability of those circuits and their users.
Likewise with latency.