[tor-relays] [warn] Content-Length is less than zero; it looks like someone is trying to crash us

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Jul 23 19:59:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 09:38:02AM -0400, Steve Snyder wrote:
> Yes, I got the same thing recently.  A burst of 56 of these log entries over a 3-minute period on July 21st. Seen with v0.2.6.10.
>
> Somebody shaking doorknobs.

If your DirPorts are on port 80, it might even just be a random bad person
on the Internet who thinks he is attacking webservers, and doesn't even
know it is Tor.

I guess at some point we should make these into protocol-warns (meaning
they're info-level logs unless you set "ProtocolWarnings 1"), since
there isn't really anything you should *do* in response to them.

--Roger