[tor-relays] Fwd: Tor family graphs

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Wed Jul 22 13:31:58 UTC 2015

Hello tor-relays@

We are still working on your nice relay incentive as and part of that
we've been looking at how to partition relays into different families
with it's not 100% obvious what that groupings should be.  For those
that are interested in the family connections, I have some pretty PDFs
for you.  I present three graphs of all Tor relays (nodes) with at
least one family connection (edge).

(1) only symmetric edges shown (black)
-- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3308162/sym.pdf

(2) only asymmetric edges shown (red)
-- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3308162/asym.pdf

(3) both symmetric (black) and asymmetric (red) shown
-- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3308162/both.pdf

Notes:
* A node is colored red if and only if it is the origin of an
asymmetric connection. Ergo, every red node has at least one red edge,
and vice-versa.
* Blue edges are self-connections.  I presume the Tor directory
authorities should be excluding should these edges from the
consensus---unless you all like being cute?

Unfortunately you cannot click to see where you are in the graph.
Hopefully in a future version you'll be able to click-around using
D3.js or some such.

-V