[tor-relays] [Relay] Hibernation Reset

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 15:09:34 UTC 2015

> On 21 Jul 2015, at 03:12 , Tor Operator <tor at coldnorthadmin.com> wrote:
>
> Hi gents,
>
> I rencetly had one of my relay fall into hibernation. It seems that simply restarting the service doesn't change the hibernation status since Tor is still thinking that the BW limits have been overrun. Is the proper method to reset the status of the node is simply to delete the "state" file in "/var/lib/tor/". For now, I just set back to 0 the "AccountingBytesReadInInterval" and "AccountingBytesWrittenInInterval" counters and the node was able to wake up but that doesn't seem like a very elegant way to do it.

Why not edit or remove the accounting limits in the torrc?
We might need a little more context: why are the accounting limits set lower than you want?
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp ABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR D5BE4EC2 255D7585 F3874930 DB130265 7C9EBBC7