[tor-relays] [Relay] Hibernation Reset

Tor Operator tor at coldnorthadmin.com
Mon Jul 20 17:12:10 UTC 2015

Hi gents,

I rencetly had one of my relay fall into hibernation. It seems that
simply restarting the service doesn't change the hibernation status
since Tor is still thinking that the BW limits have been overrun. Is the
proper method to reset the status of the node is simply to delete the
"state" file in "/var/lib/tor/". For now, I just set back to 0 the
"AccountingBytesReadInInterval" and "AccountingBytesWrittenInInterval"
counters and the node was able to wake up but that doesn't seem like a
very elegant way to do it.

Thanks,