[tor-relays] Simplifying ExoneraTor

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:29:02 UTC 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 15:12, Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote:

> On 20/07/15 11:40, Pascal Terjan wrote:
>> On 2 July 2015 at 10:45, Joshua Lee Tucker <josh at tucker.wales>
>> wrote
>>>
>>> Hi Karsten,
>>>
>>> I've made a patch to the page to add the HTML5 date components -
>>> it should work nicely across the majority of browsers (maybe even
>>> all with a plaintext fallback).
>>>
>>> I wasn't sure exactly in which format you wanted the patch, so
>>> I've uploaded it to my server:
>>>
>>> http://tucker.wales/tor/exonerator/index.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Josh
>>
>> Sorry for coming late in the discussion,
>
> No worries, and thanks for joining the discussion.
>
>> any reason to default to no value? Defaulting to current date would
>> all to just change the day in many cases and save a lot of clicks
>> to set month/date
>
> I'm not entirely sure that I understand.  Do you mean accepting only
> an IP address as input and not also requiring a date?

The field does currently not have a default value, so the HTML 5 date
selector in chrome shows me dd/mm/yyyy + some arrows to set each part
of the date which I didn't find convenient as the month/year are
likely to be current or previous one.
But I have now noticed that the bigger arrow on the right shows a
calendar displaying current month so it's only 2 clicks to get to a
recent date :)