[tor-relays] Running a relay in the Netherlands

gunes acar gunes.acar at esat.kuleuven.be
Sun Jul 19 21:06:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-18 15:06, Dmytro Dudenko wrote:
> Speaking of BeNeLux,
>
> is Belgium any worse in tolerating a Tor-server at Home (Belgacom)
> / at Uni Campus (will not say what Uni)?
>
> In the case of Uni Campus, one needs to run purely a non-exit
> relay, I presume :)

Will not directly answer your question, but we had no difficulties
getting the permission for our our non-exit relay (kulcosictor) at KU
Leuven. But, don't know what would have happened if we had asked
permission for an exit.

Also, apparently 2 of the 4 exit relays in Belgium runs at Belgacom
and one of them (darkman) seems to be around for more than 4 months:
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/64C05AF7C30CFEB56AD717564C4783B322
82195C
https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/country:be%20flag:exit

> Any experience to share?
>

> Am 07.07.2015 um 21:03 schrieb Joshua Lee Tucker:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A Raspberry Pi is actually a pretty nice device to run a relay on
>> - it's pretty capable of running with a throughput of about
>> 2-4mbps (which isn't bad, considering the clock speed).
>>
>> This might be a useful resource for you regarding Tor & Raspberry
>> Pi:
>>
>> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-August/002384.
html

Regards,