[tor-relays] Exit Policy Information != ExitPolicy reject

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 12:55:01 UTC 2015

> On 17.07.2015 10:53, Toralf Förster wrote:
>> On 07/17/2015 10:41 AM, fatal wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I got an abuse report from Webiron requesting me to block a /24 subnet.
>>> Accordingly I added "ExitPolicy reject xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24:*" to my torrc
>>> file. Looking at the Exit Policy Information at atlas and torstatus
>>> xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24 doesn't get listed. This worries me a bit. Am I missing
>>> something?
>>>
>> If you did not forgot to refresh Tor (kill -1 <pid>) then you have just to wait - atlas & friends needs few minutes/hours to reflect such changes.

> On 17 Jul 2015, at 19:05 , fatal <fatal at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> no I didn't forget to reload and also restarted after the upgrade to the
> .10 version. that was > two days ago and the "Descriptor Published
> Platform" in atlas already shows Tor 0.2.6.10

The "Exit Policy Summary" is only a summary. If your exit policy is long, this means that the summary may not contain all the lines from the descriptor.

See the following Trac tickets for a discussion:

Have you downloaded the relay descriptor (not the microdescriptor) and checked the policy lines it contains?

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp ABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR D5BE4EC2 255D7585 F3874930 DB130265 7C9EBBC7