[tor-relays] Simplifying ExoneraTor

David Serrano tor at dserrano5.es
Tue Jul 7 18:27:17 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-07 15:19:18 (+0100), Joshua Lee Tucker wrote:

> On 7/7/15, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Organisation X experiences an attack on their website via an IP address
> >
> > Organisation X experiences a SSH login/password scan via an IP address
> >
> > We could split the Exit column in two (web ports, other ports)
>
> I personally don't like displaying the ports in the overview page - I
> would also much rather have this information displayed in a detail
> page. (Maybe make the "Exit: Yes" clickable?)

Throwing this idea out there instead of keeping it to myself: what about
modifying the form to ask also for the destination port? So the investigator
would enter source IP, dest port and date. Can be somewhat confusing due to
the source/dest mix, but the "Exit" column in this case would be pretty clear
because it would refer only to the required port.

--
 David Serrano
 PGP: 1BCC1A1F280A01F9