[tor-relays] Question about responding to abuse request

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Jul 5 23:17:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

Usually those are automated messages. I get them all the time as well.
They are just relaying abuse messages. The text in their message is
standard, and includes all cases so to say. If you scroll down the
email, you will see the target IP and few logs. Usually this is the
result of automated scripts talking directly to Webiron, which send the
message automatically (no humans involved) to the abuse handle of a
certain IP address.

I recommend you not to take any action unless you are contacted by
humans, with real abuse reasons. Then, you explain what Tor is, provide
some links, and if the reporter is still concerned and insists
explicitly, you could block his IP ranges from your exit. I don't see
why a sane person would ask for this, since this can be better
implemented at their side, with few firewall rules...