[tor-relays] Simplifying ExoneraTor

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Jul 2 09:21:16 UTC 2015

On 02/07/15 10:59, Joshua Lee Tucker wrote:
> Hi Karsten,

Hello Joshua,

> I much prefer the design of the first logo (over the existing ones)
> - I think it helps to retain ExoneraTor's affiliation with Tor, as
> I think the other logos make it too difficult to recognise that Tor
> logo.

Sounds good, added to the mockup as pro argument for the first logo.
Let's collect more arguments and maybe even alternatives.  Note that
these logos are very quickly drawn using the "paint equivalent on Mac
OS X", just to capture the idea.  It's easy to make more drafts.  And
once we have a candidate, we'll ask a real designer to re-draw the
logo for us.

> The designs look great!
>
> I have one suggestion:
>
> Would it not be better to use a date selection component for the
> user to select a data? I think the current method of having to
> manually input a date, formatted in the correct way, is a little
> clunky (I think this is demonstrated in the fact that there's a
> design page with a data formatting error).

I also added that one as open discussion point.  Note that neither
Julius nor I are web designers, so we just didn't know how to add such
a date selector.  I guess the tricky part might be that we wouldn't
want to add a JavaScript requirement just for the date selection part.
 If you have any ideas or even patches, please send them here, and
I'll include that in the mockup.

> Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback!

All the best,