[tor-relays] Consensus weight dropped

Josef 'veloc1ty' Stautner hello at veloc1ty.de
Sat Jan 31 21:48:50 UTC 2015

Hello List,

at this point I want to thank Bram de Boer for spending an unmetered
server. Dediacted servers with unmetered network is not cheap and should
be treated differently as a virtual server at OVH.
I can totally agree why he is disappointed about that.

Just deleting the identity is not a solution for me. The identity of a
server is also a certificate of the spend effort. If something like that
would happen to my relays I would be out of here. Especially I'm not
using Tor at all but want to help people who can not access the web like
I can do.

I recently tried to check why the consensus dropped by reviewing the
votes data and digged into the source but my knowledge about that is far
below the average. So I hope someone with more knowledge is reviewing
this case and post a solution or declare it as a general probleme and
write a bug report.

~Josef