[tor-relays] Digital Ocean: Moving to better Plan

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sat Jan 31 03:15:34 UTC 2015

On January 31, 2015 2:09:14 AM Abhiram Chintangal
<abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Abhiram,

> I have been running a tor middle relay[1] for the past few months.

Thank you very much !

> One thing that I noticed in the last two months is that my relay is eating
> up the 1tb bandwidth in the first three weeks. So I am thinking of moving
> to a better plan or tweaking the current config to serve the bandwidth so
> that the relay is up for the entire month.

I assume that you want a recommendation. A better plan probably means
spending more money. Would be better for the network. If you can spare the
money, go for it.

If you dont want to spend more money than it would be a good idea to lower
the Rate value until you end up within your traffic limit for the month.
The benefit would be a permanent available relay.
--
Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations / M.f.G.

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is fundamentally opposed to
everything I hold in veneration - courage,
clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and,
above all, love of the truth.