[tor-relays] Digital Ocean: Moving to better Plan

Abhiram Chintangal abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 01:08:25 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been running a tor middle relay[1] for the past few months. Apart
from tweaking the configuration a few times, I didn't have to do much to
get things working.

One thing that I noticed in the last two months is that my relay is eating
up the 1tb bandwidth in the first three weeks. So I am thinking of moving
to a better plan or tweaking the current config to serve the bandwidth so
that the relay is up for the entire month.

Btw, here is my .torrc

ORPort 443
DirPort 80
Exitpolicy reject *:*
Nickname orpheus
ContactInfo orpheus.tor at risup.net
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
RelayBandwidthRate 1024 KB
RelayBandwidthBurst 1024 KB
MaxAdvertisedBandwidth 1024 KB
DisableDebuggerAttachment 0