[tor-relays] Tor and Freenode

Lukas Erlacher tor at lerlacher.de
Sat Jan 24 15:21:38 UTC 2015

Your idealism is noble, but it isn't going to work that way. IRC networks aren't going to open up to Tor more than Freenode already does, for the simple reasons that it makes controlling trolls and spammers absolutely impossible.

You should probably run a middle relay until you've learned more about this. (And yes, discovering the knowledge is harder than it should be; I recommend you get on #tor on oftc to talk to people.)

Best,
Luke