[tor-relays] uptime and connections for my middle node relay

Malte Ketelsen mk-l3 at mail.de
Tue Jan 20 20:50:26 UTC 2015

Am 20.01.2015 um 06:34 schrieb Libertas:
> On 01/20/2015 12:04 AM, Malte Ketelsen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am running a relay about 5-6 weeks.
>> I have read the 'lifecycle-of-a-new-relay' and I am not over the 86 days,
>> but I still wonder me, at most, I have only inbound connections.
>> Sometimes outbound too, but rarely.
>> Can someone tell me why?
>>
>> And I have another question:
>> Can someone tell me how many hours a day uptime is minimum requirement
>> for a standard middle relay?
>> I have reed many posts, but there are not a exactly answer.
>>
>> Sorry for my english ...
>> greets Malte
> If everything were well, your relay would be fully mature by now. It
> would have been carrying significant bandwidth within a few days.
>
> Have you checked whether your firewall is blocking the outgoing
> connections? Either your system or your ISP's could be blocking certain
> ports.

I dont believe my ports are blocked, my firewall is ok.
I have made som screenshots, maybe it helps.

I was surfing with browser bundle on socksport from the relay and sometimes
it took the whole bandwidth.
maybe it was bad for the measurement.
Now I will change this.

I have a dynamic IP adress, it change all 24 hours and I am
4 - 7 hours up a day.

Limit, burst and other things are on the screenshots.
On the pictures you can see, the outbounds are only connected at start
time.

My Screenshots on Google+Photo
<https://plus.google.com/photos/107719590032174968358/albums/6106522751531274513?authkey=CMPfyNWYrau7oQE>