[tor-relays] Consensus weight dropped

Bram de Boer list-tor-relays at nosur.com
Mon Jan 19 19:14:24 UTC 2015

Sebastian wrote:
> One theory might be that the addition of a new bwauth has shifted
> which vote gets picked for the consensus. It's conceivable that
> bwauths rate relays which are placed topologically close higher
> than others.

Thank you for your suggestion. I hope that is not the case and the drop in
consensus weight is just a temporary glitch. I will post to the
development mailing list to see if the techies can comment on this.

Paying hundreds of dollars of my hard earned money for a relay that is not
being used by the network is not something I will keep doing for long. I
support the goals and ideology of Tor, but the project will lose me as a
volunteer if consensus weight does not restore soon.

Thanks,
Bram