[tor-relays] Consensus weight dropped

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Mon Jan 19 09:16:31 UTC 2015

Hey there,

On 19 Jan 2015, at 10:03, eric gisse <jowr.pi at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is roughly consistent with what I've been seeing on my own node.
>
> Weird.
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:31 AM, Bram de Boer <list-tor-relays at nosur.com> wrote:
>> Update: generation of the http://nosur.com/consensus.txt list has
>> completed now, and contains 3683 relays that exist half a year or more.
>> Again the relays at the top of the list show the sharp drop in consensus
>> weight end of december and a short spike around January 6th.

figuring out what happened will likely involve looking at the directory
authority votes to see if anything specific happened. One theory might
be that the addition of a new bwauth has shifted which vote gets picked
for the consensus. It's conceivable that bwauths rate relays which are
placed topologically close higher than others. I'm looking forward to
any analysis someone might do on this.

Cheers
Sebastian