[tor-relays] Help - My relay consensus has been stripped back to 20

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sat Jan 3 01:30:55 UTC 2015

On January 3, 2015 2:03:33 AM bigbudtor at Safe-mail.net wrote:

Hi,

> Thanks Sebastian, That explains the loss of guard status back in August at
> least. I totally missed that announcement.
>
> Back to the main issue, it does look like one or two others at least are
> having this problem. Is it simply as a result of being in a
> Lizard-blacklisted netblock? Bigbud is in 85.119.0.0/16. Is the current
> Lizard-blacklist published or is it only known to the directory authorities?

As i recall there was a mail from Giovanny a few days ago and he reported
his relay being down. But he had log file entries like:

[warn] http status 400 ("Authdir is rejecting routers in this range.")
response from dirserver '128.31.0.39:9131'.

Any of those in your log ?

> thanks
>
> BB
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Found the snippet with the changes for the guards:
>
> > Tor Weekly News, 30th of July 2014
>
> > Once directory authorities have upgraded, they will “assign the Guard flag
> > to the fastest 25% of the network”. Some experiments showed that “for the
> > current network, this results in about 1100 guards, down from 2500.”
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations
> >
> > Sebastian Urbach

Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations

Sebastian Urbach

Definition of Tor:
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated
power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and
100% reason to remember the name!