[tor-relays] High speed exit question

Kura kura at kura.io
Fri Jan 2 16:06:42 UTC 2015

Thanks for the replies, I'll run multiple instances from one box then. =)

--
Kura

t: @kuramanga [https://twitter.com/kuramanga]
w: https://kura.io/ [https://kura.io/]
g: @kura [http://git.io/kura]
On 02/01/2015 16:05:44, Sebastian Urbach <sebastian at urbach.org> wrote:
Hi Kura,

On January 2, 2015 4:58:42 PM "Kura" wrote:

> Hey guys, I recently decided to get myself an 8 core, 16 GB RAM machine to
> use for running an exit relay and was wondering, Tor only works on one
> core, even setting NumCPUs to 2 doesn't do a whole lot so, how is it even
> possible to get more than maybe, 300Mbps or so from one relay? Maybe I'm
> missing something but, running multiple Tor processes is just going to have
> multiple relays with different OR and Dir ports for each, right?

You are right, the multithreading capabilities are very limited. You need
to set up more than one to handle more traffic.

> --
> Kura
>
> t: @kuramanga [https://twitter.com/kuramanga]
> w: https://kura.io/ [https://kura.io/]
> g: @kura [http://git.io/kura]

Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations

Sebastian Urbach

Definition of Tor:
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated
power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and
100% reason to remember the name!