[tor-relays] 7 relays gone because of spammers

Speak Freely when2plus2is5 at riseup.net
Thu Feb 26 15:23:25 UTC 2015

After much research, I've found some interesting tidbits.

Out of the 88 blacklists mxtoolbox reports against,

6/7 relays reported 3 problems
- 1) Efnet blocks Tor exits and reported. No exceptions.
- 2) CBL detected a single trojan/malware/spam, etc, and reported
- 3) Spamhaus ZEN detected CBL's detection, and reported

1 of the 7 relays also had two hits from Mailspike
- 1) Mailspike Z found a distributed spam wave, and reported
- 2) Mailspike BL aggregates other Mailspike lists, and reported

Essentially, all 7 of my relays were taken down because of trivial
issues, all but 1 being single instances of reported problems from a
single source.

Both CBL and Mailspike offer de-listing services that are easy to use,
and straight forward.

I spoke with MasterCard yesterday, and they've mailed off the paperwork
I need to fill out to do the charge-back. I won't get into the
specifics, but they were encouraging.

I will also be moving my unrelated business dealings away from OVH as
soon as possible.

Speak Freely