[tor-relays] load balance across multiple WAN?

Rupert Roe rupert.j.roe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:03:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I currently run this middle node from a residental VDSL connection:
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/D0D6992508E64E28A77373B82798AB196BFA5B3E

I am currently limited by the upload speed of my connection (~20MBit), I
was wondering if I had another VDSL connection installed would I be able to
load balance the upload of the relay across the two connections? Or would
this mess up the routing for my relay? I.e. traffic comes in to the single
published relay IP (which is OK as it's ~80MBit download). Then the relay
can push ~40MBit upload load balanced across two 20MBit connections. Would
it be problematic because the traffic would come from two different IPs,
one of which does not match the published IP for the relay?

I hope that question makes sense??

Thanks

--
+447867537146