[tor-relays] Strong bumps in traffic with 0.2.6.3

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Fri Feb 20 15:04:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Christian Sturm <reezer at reezer.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I noticed on my Tor relay that deploying 0.2.6.3 resulted in the
> bandwidth going up an down a lot which can be seen here:
>
> https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/CE75BF0972ADD52AF8807602374E495C815DB304
>
> It looks like I am not the only one. This CCC hosted relay (different
> OS, provider, etc.) appears to have the same thing happening:
>
> https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/9BDF3EEA1D33AA58A2EEA9E6CA58FB8A667288FC
>
> It is hard to filter relays per version right now (maybe something
> onionoo could support?). Are others experiencing the same problems?

Roger thinks it could be related to this change:

  o Minor bugfixes (statistics):
    - Increase period over which bandwidth observations are aggregated
      from 15 minutes to 4 hours. Fixes bug 13988; bugfix on 0.0.8pre1.

If that's so, the likeliest explanation is that Globe is not
displaying the bandwidths correctly with the new intervals.  Trying to
get it investigated...

--
Nick