[tor-relays] automation needs of big relay ops (implemented as ansible role)

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Feb 17 22:31:03 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 11:25 PM, Nusenu wrote:
> I'm wondering if simply (blindly) running two tor processes per
> available IP is any worse than anything else from a pure "lets push as
> much traffic as we can" (on a host not on a tor process level).

I don't see a problem with that either, unless the destination is CPU or
memory constrained.

We have (and had) servers with 16 IPs -- Dual Core, 2-4GB RAM, 100
Mbit/s and less. Maybe not too nice to spin up 32 Tor relays on such
machines? But I think in general it is fair to go with "2 per IP", and
expect the server to be configured to listen on a sane number of IPs.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/