[tor-relays] Mozilla-Middles losing guard

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Tue Feb 17 20:09:23 UTC 2015

The speed matters. Some time ago, Guard flag parameters were changed
little bit, so now the Guard flag is assigned to 25% of the fastest
relays in the network (of course which are also stable and have good
uptime and have been around in the network for a while). This means
that if the speed drops down, the Guard flag could go away with it. By
the reference speed I can see below of 1.51 MB/s it's quite near/under
the limit.

If you had for example 5MB/s constant, you would not lose the Guard
flag not even some of the times.