[tor-relays] updating obfuscations in windows bridges

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Mon Feb 16 14:49:29 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:30:57 +0000
eliaz <eliaz at riseup.net> wrote:
> s I read it, the tor browser bundle 3.x FAQ [1] implies that bridges
> on windows can use only obfs3 of the provided pluggable transports.
> Can someone let me know if this is correct?

Huh?  What does a old browser bundle FAQ have to do with running bridges
on windows?

> The obfs3 line (as described in torrc-defaults) works fine, but torrc
> won't even accept obfs2, let alone fteproxy or flashproxy.

No one should use obfs2 for anything, it's deprecated.

> Would torrc in windows accept obfs4 ? - thanks, eliaz

If you have an obfs4proxy binary compiled for windows, you can run an
obfs4 bridge on windows (as well as any of the other transports
supported by obfs4proxy, which is currently obfs2/obfs3).

I'm not really understanding the question...

--
Yawning Angel