[tor-relays] Value of an unused bridge?

Sasikantha babu sasikanthbabu at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 19:41:18 UTC 2015

2 weeks is short period for a bridge, I think it would be the same for relay too.

I've an EC2 bridge and mid-reply(at home) up for almost 2 months. Initially the usage is almost none on bridge, not even 500MB for 50 days, and advertised bandwidth is reported as 50-60KB/s. At one point  I too had considered converting EC2 bridge to mid-relay because of no usage but I did not do that and decided to run 1 more month. After 50 days bridge got a guard flag and usage is pretty much good (last 4 days - 18GB-Rx 18GB-Tx) . The advertised bandwidth is now at 500KB/s.
There is nothing like unused bridge. So I would suggest you to wait for some more time.
PS: I'm actually considering to convert my mid-relay at home to a bridge. :)

ThanksSasi