[tor-relays] question and concering about probability of exitnode

tor at viisauksena.de tor at viisauksena.de
Tue Feb 10 17:58:16 UTC 2015

Thx for your Answer,

i think ive managed to configure the tor service properly,
my concerncs were about how easy it is to get one out of 3-400 Tor users
through your specific exit, and somehow i think this should not be
possible so easy.

so here the Atlas link, where you can see with 10Mbit/s and a lifetime
of somehow 2 weeks there is a axit probability of 1/350 (estimated) ...
by recalculating the exit/probability-percentage of 0.3%

https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/2AC2306BD625A9DD75532886842C268C3CDBBC9C

so, maybe there are so "less" fast exitnodes out there, or maybe there
should be some fine tuning to make it less often happen that "new"
exitnodes can grep 1 of 350 people ... as i mentioned, what if i am
behind gchq, bnd, nsa .. or whatever and setup somehow 100 exitnodes ,
does that mean i can grep than 1 out of 4 people .. thats scary - and
thats what make me ask,

at least i only see this scale rising higher and higher

Jens