[tor-relays] Minimizing service interruption when reloading torrc?

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Mon Feb 9 03:29:01 UTC 2015

On February 9, 2015 3:45:20 AM Elliott Jin <elliott.jin at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Elliott,

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to reload torrc; I think I can do this by either restarting tor or
> by sending a SIGHUP to the tor process, but I'm not sure how much of a
> service interruption each of these approaches will cause.
>
> What's the best way to reload torrc (i.e. how can I do this in a way that
> minimizes the service interruption)?

If it is just reloading the torrc and nothing else then SIGHUP ie the best
way to do that.

> Thanks!
> -Elliott
>
> --
> Anonymous Feedback <http://www.admonymous.com/eyjin>

Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations / M.f.G.

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is fundamentally opposed to
everything I hold in veneration - courage,
clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and,
above all, love of the truth.