[tor-relays] question and concering about probability of exitnode

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sun Feb 8 18:00:50 UTC 2015

On February 8, 2015 6:47:12 PM tor at viisauksena.de wrote:

Hi,

> hi,
>
> just want to note, i am proud to have an german exit node with 11Mbs ..

Thank you for running an Exit :-)

> but also concerned about this raising exit node probability, actually it
> reads for me like 1 of 400 tor-users is going through this exit (by
> recalculating a exit probability of 0.25 %) - this concerns me because
> it should not be so easy (running just some days on a vserver) and i
> don't know how high this will raise ? i mean, its easy for me to guess a
> nsa/gchq/bnd bad-ass-club can get some hundred vservers running, and get
> tor exclusively exits .. and guard (which was much more easy, i lost it
> because i quickly run out of maximum limit for a month, so i cut it, but
> the 1 day downtime lost me the guard flag)
>
> just my opinion .. and if you can show me some more information over the
> numbers of exits and guards and so on, i would be happy, cant believe
> there are so less many exit nodes out there ...

If you want other people to look into it you should provide your fingerprint.

A lot of infos about Exits in the network can be found at:

https://metrics.torproject.org
https://compass.torproject.org

> thx,
> Jens

Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations / M.f.G.

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is fundamentally opposed to
everything I hold in veneration - courage,
clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and,
above all, love of the truth.