[tor-relays] Hibernating / Traffic limit and consequrnces for the network.

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sun Feb 1 22:15:31 UTC 2015

On February 1, 2015 10:48:25 PM Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de> wrote:

> Am 01.02.2015 um 20:02 schrieb Sebastian Urbach:
> > I would like to provide a good service for everyone, even at the end
> > of the month. That's getting harder the more systems are not present
> > at the end of the month.
>
> I could understand the discussion if it were about providing 500 kBit
> continuously vs. 1 Mbit for 2 of 4 >weeks. But the particular case was
> about providing no >less than 6 Mbit continuously, which is easily >enough
> to comfortably browse the web, for doing large >downloads and probably
> exhausts most internet >connections in unfree countries. Accordingly it's
> >unlikely a single connection is hobbled by such a >bandwidth limitation.

Ah, thats a misunderstanding. This is not part 2 of the discussion from a
few days ago. I brought it up because i see this for quite a while right
now and observed it again within the last days. I thought it was time for a
broader discussion.

--
Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations / M.f.G.

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is fundamentally opposed to
everything I hold in veneration - courage,
clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and,
above all, love of the truth.